2019 Date, Location & Charity for Rides for Relief !
To Register your Car or Club please fill in our Google Form
Our Charity is Airdrie P.O.W.E.R. Women Emergency Shelter.
Airdrie P.O.W.E.R. (Protecting Our Women with Emergency Resources) is a non-profit organization that seeks to provide women in Airdrie and District with the means to leave an abusive environment through emergency resources, education and empowerment, thus creating a safe and sustainable community.
When an Emergency Women’s Shelter is Not An Option…
Many people ask, “Why doesn’t she leave? Why doesn’t she just go to a shelter?” The reasons are complex and varied due to factors such as fear, hope, love, lack of support, lack of resources, and guilt. The risk of homicide at the hands of a violent partner increases when the decision is made to leave. Emergency Women’s shelters are few and far between, and are often unavailable due to the high need in the community. There is no emergency women’s shelter in Airdrie, so women who do go to shelters have to leave their communities and support systems.
Approximately 5% of women will access an emergency women’s shelter. What about the other 95%?
Domestic abuse is a very serious, and secretive topic, and Moms, For Real Tracy & Keri, have some very personal ties to this cause.
We are women. We are moms. And, Why Not? We know that Domestic Abuse is a topic no one wants to speak about – and we are dedicated to it’s uncovering in order to bring air and light to help those who need it the VERY MOST: THE SURVIVORS.
YWCA Calgary is safe place to land for families – especially families. A SAFE place for moms and kids to BELONG.
We are pioneers of the “Moms for REAL” movement: a group of people who believe – at the very core of our being – that a strong, healed, supported, and well nourished family will change the world.
We believe that a strong community makes that possible. Giving humans the skills to PROVIDE for themselves while in crisis, is a PRIORITY for us, as systems continue to apparently have some of them falling through cracks.
What is possible when we gather, fortify, and devote ourselves to the celebration of COMMUNITY LIFE?
DATE: August 17, 2019
Location: Cam Clark Ford NE Airdrie
1001 HIGHLAND PARK BLVD NE AIRDRIE, AB
Charity: Airdrie P.O.W.E.R. Women’s Shelter
Setup: 7:30 am
Tear-down: 4:30 pm
Event Host: Moms, For Real
Insta: @RidesForRelief @MomsForRealHealth
Co-Founders & Primary Contacts:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 403.507.1788
email@example.com | 403.481.0284
R/C Demo Derby Contact: Byron Loeppky
- All proceeds will be going to
- All Promotional fees from Sponsors are going towards the cost of the event, and remaining proceeds to
- All Car entry fees go directly to
- Raffle and promotional materials are by donations only.
- Onsite R/C Demo Derby is free; if you wish to build a body contact Byron for plans
- Media may video, interview and take pictures at the event with the intent to use all images for the sole purpose of bringing awareness to the event and it’s cause;
- Cam Clark Ford is Co-Host, but no affiliation is reserved for the Ford Motor Company and it’s subsidiaries.
- Moms, For Real, or Rides for Relief are not registered charities, but brokers/hosts for charity events.